Monday, September 17, 2012

Chocolate Zucchini Cake

I was given this recipe years ago when my boys were young.  It was a new way to use up some zucchini.  I was very moist and tasty and I made it every year when the zucchini took over the world.

Ingredients

1/4 c butter or marg
1/2 c oil
1 3/4 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c sour milk
2 1/2 c flour
4 Tbsp cocoa
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
2 c grated zucchini
1/2 c chocolate chips


Grate enough zucchini to make 2 cups.  I use unpeeled but know of some people who peel their zucchini to hide it from others eating the cake. 
 
 
Combine oil, eggs and butter.  Mix in sugar and vanilla. 

 
Combine all dry ingredients in a separate bowl. 

 
Mix well. 

 
Add dry ingredients, alternating with sour milk. 

 
Add chocolate chips and zucchini. 

 
Stir well. 

 
 Pour into greased and floured 9" by 13" pan.  Bake in preheated oven at 325°F for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

 
 I don't bother to frost the cake because it is so moist.  Enjoy!  ;)

 
 


1 comment:

  1. I've been looking for a chocolate cake recipe for zucchini. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete