Monday, June 25, 2012

Poppy Seed Cake

This is another quick and tasty dessert recipe I got from my dear late Aunt Ruby.  I already shared her Fast Fixin' Cake  http://mountaingardengleanings.blogspot.ca/2011/08/fast-fixin-cake.html  previously.

This is another recipe that starts with a cake mix.

Ingredients
1 yellow cake mix
1 small package vanilla instant pudding mix
4 eggs
1/2 c oil
1/2 c sherry
1 c sour cream
1/3 c poppy seeds

Preheat oven to 350°F.  Combine cake mix and pudding mix. 


Mix in poppy seeds.

 

This is the brand of sherry that I use, only because it was what Auntie Ruby used.  She said you could substitute apple juice of the sherry but I have never tried it.


Add oil, sherry, eggs and sour cream.


Mix well.

 

Pour into a greased bundt pan.  I use cooking spray to grease the pan.


Bake at 350°F for 50 - 60 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.


Place plate on top of cake pan and flip cake over.  Cool cake on plate.


Slice and enjoy. You probably could use a vanilla or lemon glaze to fancy up the cake but it is so moist and tasty we have never had it that way.  ;)





1 comment:

  1. OMG, that looks soooo good. I can feel the little seeds crunching between my teeth. I'd give almost anything for a slice w/ a cup of tea right now. I'm having a rough Monday.

    ReplyDelete