Monday, April 30, 2012

Lulu's Drinking Problem - Part 2

Lulu also likes to drink out of my hand.  I guess it was my fault that she started doing that.  When we were laying on the couch cuddling, Lulu would often get warm and pant.  Since I didn't want to get up and disturb her, I would let her have some of my water.  I didn't want her dipping her beak in my glass, so I would pour some into my hand. 


Now, she won't drink out of her bowl.  If you pour the water into your hand - Lulu will drink it.  Sigh!  I've created a monster.


She will be outside and ignore her bowl of water - but as soon as you pour water into your hand and she'll drink.


She will also drink if you pour the water on the ground.  I've poured water onto gravel when we're travelling and she'll sip it from around the rocks.  She just does not like plastic bowls!

 

Here we are on a trip and Lulu decided to drink water out of a hollow in a rock.


It doesn't matter that the water is dirty and muddy.  No problem - Lulu drinks.


She will also drink the water from her bowl if you pour it slowly in a trickle.  I couldn't get a picture of her doing that as I don't have enough hands to pour water back and forth while she drinks from the stream and snap a pic as well.


Oh the shame of it all!  I've created a problem drinker. ;)






2 comments: