Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lulu Goes Camping


We recently went to a wedding in Calgary and took our camper along.  Of course, Lulu travelled with me making friends along the way.  It is interesting seeing the double takes and then questioning looks before people ask questions or stop to talk.  She is quite content to have people pet her as long as they take it slow and don't rush her.



Lulu quite enjoyed her first camping experience.  She had to check out the trailer and ask all sorts of questions.  "Hey look at me!"  Lulu exclaimed.  "I'm back in the mountains!"



"I don't know if I like these stairs as much as the ones at home,"  she commented.  "These are trickier climbing up and have holes that I can catch my toes in!"


"They are quite a bit shorter though,"  she mused.   "I don't have to work so hard getting to the top."


"You-who, anybody going to open the door?"  called Lulu.  "Hello, I want in.  Anybody there?"


"I want in!  That's where all the goodies are!  Hello!  Look down here!  I'm waiting!"


"Come out here and sit with me so I can pick mosquitoes off you again."  Lulu called as she remembered the feast she had the day before, sitting on dad's knee and eating mosquitoes that kept landing on him.


"Hey, its starting to rain and I don't want to get wet."  cried Lulu.



"Ah, this is much better!  Soft towel, comfy sofa, now this is what I call camping."  sighed Lulu.



"Don't talk to me about roughing it and sleeping in a tent.  This is as rough as it gets for me!" exclaimed Lulu.


"Wake me when its time to eat, okay?"  she yawned.  "This rainy weather makes me sleepy."


"I love the view from here!  I can see the rain, and the gophers and everything else.  Camping is great!  Let's go again next weekend!"




4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! Lulu is one spoiled lady! : ) Love this post and I'm pretty sure, no, in fact, I'm certain, I've never heard of a chicken camping before but I like it!

    Lulu's Camping Adventures

    Has a nice ring to it don't you think?

    ~Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I needed my Lulu fix. I was wondering what she had been up to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy hearing about Lulu's adventures. Looks like you all are having a wonderful summer vacation. :)

    ReplyDelete