Thursday, July 21, 2011

Lulu and the Skunk

Once upon a time there was the biggest little skunk names "Squirt".


Squirt was a very happy skunk, smiling, friendly and always taking the time to stop and smell the flowers.


One day, a travelling chicken named Lulu stopped to visit with Squirt.


"Hello down there,"  Squirt called.  "Nice day for a walk."


"Hello," replied Lulu, "What are you doing way up there?"


"I'm watching over my park and campgrounds," replied Squirt.  "I need to make sure everything is in order."


"Well," exclaimed Lulu, "Maybe I should fly up there to give you a hand.  Besides I want to take a closer look at your flowers - they sure look tasty!"


"Darn,"  huffed Lulu, "You are much too high for me to fly up to.  How did you get so high - I don't see any wings."


"I can't fly,"  said Squirt,  "I don't have any wings!"


"And," he added, "Flowers are for smelling not eating!"


"Well, then," said Lulu, I might as well go back to my trailer.  I may not have flowers to eat but we have lots of mosquitoes!  Bye Squirt, nice to have met you."   "Bye, Lulu,"  replied Squirt, "Come back and visit me sometime."



No comments:

Post a Comment