Thursday, February 10, 2011

Pumpkin Pudding

We love pumpkin pie but I am lazy and don't always like fussing with pie crust.  Besides its the filling I like so why not make Pumpkin Pudding instead.  I found a recipe for Impossible Pumpkin Pie in Betty Crocker's Creative Recipes with Bisquick and adapted it for my pudding.

We grow our own pumpkin so I use my homemade pumpkin that I freeze in 750 gram yogurt containers.

Ingredients
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c bisquick
2 Tbsp butter or marg
1 large can evaporated milk (13 oz)
2 eggs
1 container pumpkin (If you use store bought 1 16 oz can)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
2 tsp vanilla

Grease your crockpot and get out your blender.  Drop two eggs into the blender.


 Add sugar and bisquick.


 Measure in spices.  Drop in softened butter or marg.


Add milk, vanilla and pumpkin.  Since I use more pumpkin than the original recipe calls for my blender won't hold all the ingredients.  So I hold back some of the pumpkin and some of the milk.


Blend until ingredients are mixed and smooth - for about 1 to 2 minutes.


Pour into greased crockpot.


I then blend together the remaining pumpkin and milk.


I add this to the crockpot and stir together.


Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.  Somebody got to the pudding before I could get a photo of it.


Serve warm or cold, entirely your preference. 


Serve plain, with ice cream, whipping cream or with cream as shown below.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment